The UAE Golden Visa is a long-term stay visa that lets foreign talents live, work, or study in the UAE along with enjoying exclusive benefits. The visa is granted for five or ten years to various categories of applicants, such as investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and frontline heroes. The visa can be renewed as long as the required conditions are met.
The Golden Visa offers the same benefits as a residence visa, which may be obtained for purchasing real estate worth 205,000 US dollars. However, the Golden Visa has some additional advantages, such as:
- It does not require a sponsor.
- It allows the visa holder to stay outside the UAE for more than six months without losing their residence status.
- It enables the Dubai visa holder to sponsor their family members and domestic helpers.
- It allows the family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration if the main holder of the Golden Visa passes away.
Types of Residence and their requirements
The application process for the UAE Golden Visa depends on the type of residence and the category of the applicant. Some of the main categories and their requirements are:
- Investors in public investments: They can get a 10-year visa if they invest in an investment fund accredited in the UAE with a deposit of AED two million, or if they have a valid commercial or industrial license with a capital of not less than AED two million. They must also pay at least AED 250,000 annually to the government and have medical insurance for themselves and their family.
- Real estate investors: They can get a 5-year visa if they own a property or a group of properties worth at least AED five million. The property must be fully paid for and not subject to any loans or mortgages. The property must also be retained for at least three years from the date of granting the Dubai Visit Visa.
- Entrepreneurs: These people can receive a 5-year visa if they have an existing project with the least capital of AED 500,000, or if they have the acceptance of an accredited business incubator in the UAE. They can also sponsor one partner and three executives working on their project.
- Scientists: They can receive a 10-year visa if they are accredited by the Emirates Scientists Council or even holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal. They must also have practical experience or a scientific contribution in their field of specialization.
- Outstanding students and graduates: They can get a 5-year visa if they have a minimum grade of 95 percent in public secondary schools or a minimum grade point average of 3.75 upon graduation from universities within or outside the UAE. They can also sponsor their families.
- Humanitarian pioneers and frontline heroes: They can get a 10-year visa if they are nominated by their respective authorities based on their achievements and contributions to society.
How to apply for the UAE Golden Visa?
To apply for the UAE Golden Visa, applicants need to visit the authorized site. They need to fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents, such as:
- A recent passport-size photo
- A copy of their valid passport
- Proof of their eligibility for the visa category
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proof of payment of fees and security deposit
The fees and security deposit vary depending on the type and duration of the visa. The fees range from AED 100 to AED 300, while the security deposit ranges from AED 1,000 to AED 10,000. The applicants will receive their visas by email or SMS within a few days. The amount of application might differ depending upon the circumstances and the type of visa.
How to make the most of your UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa is a great opportunity for foreign talents to enjoy the benefits of living in one of the most dynamic and diverse countries in the world. To make the most of their UAE Golden Visa, here are some tips:
- Plan and book your flights, hotels, tours, and activities in advance. You can use online platforms like OnlineDubaiVisa.com to find the best deals and offers on Dubai travel packages.
- Check the weather and dress accordingly. The UAE has a hot and arid climate throughout the year, so wear light and comfortable clothes. Also, respect the local customs and dress modestly when visiting religious or cultural sites.
- Follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines and regulations in the UAE. Make sure that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a negative PCR test result before traveling. Also, ensure that you wear masks, maintain social distancing, and use sanitizers when in public places.
- Try out the local cuisine and specialties. The UAE has a rich and diverse culinary scene, offering dishes from various regions and cultures. Some of the must-tries include shawarma, hummus, falafel, biryani, kebabs, dates, camel milk, and Arabic coffee.
The UAE Golden Visa is a long-term residence visa that allows foreign talents to live, work, or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits. The Online Dubai Visa is granted for five or ten years to various categories of applicants who meet certain criteria. The visa can be renewed as long as the required conditions are met.